Rules and Regulations
1. Trash and recyclables accepted only during open hours.
|SUMMER HOURS ~ May 1 – Sept 30||Opening||Closing|
|Saturdays & Sundays||8 am||4:30 pm|
|Wednesdays||10 am||4:30 pm|
|WINTER HOURS ~ October 1 – April 30||Opening||Closing|
|Saturdays & Sundays||9 am||3:30 pm|
|Wednesdays||10 am||3:30 pm|
2. Admission to transfer station is BY PERMIT ONLY.
Permits may be obtained at the Selectmen’s Office for $1.
Selectmen’s office hours are Mon., Tues. & Thurs. 9 – 2 pm, and Fri. 9 – Noon.
3. The following fees have been implemented at the Transfer Station.
$ 2.00 per tire, $ 10.00 for one electronic component.
Fees are paid by purchasing disposal coupons. Coupons are required at the time of disposal.
Coupons are available through the Selectmen’s Office during regular business hours. If you have any questions please feel free to call the office at 603-539-7770.
4. All trash and recyclables must be deposited in designated containers only.
5. The following are accepted at the transfer station:
- Paper, plastics
- Glass (does not have to be separated by color)
- Metal, including aluminum cans
- Tires with a rim size of 16.5 or less
- Large metal (refrigerators, washers, stoves, bicycles, bed springs, metal drums, etc.)
- Brush (incl. stumps to 5″ and untreated wood scraps)
- Household garbage
6. The following are NOT accepted: NO COMMERCIAL WASTE
- Explosives such as dynamite and ammunition
- Gas or gas products (except used uncontaminated motor oil in acceptable container).
- Other hazardous items such as strong acids and bases, highly volatile products and asbestos.
- Human or animal waste
- Motor vehicles (incl. motorcycles, tractors, etc.)
- Tires with a rim size larger than 16.5
7. Use of firearms on transfer station premises is strictly forbidden.
8. The transfer station attendant and town Police are empowered to enforce these rules and regulations. Offenders shall be subject to fines as follows:
|2nd offense||$10 fine|
|3rd offense||$20 fine|
|4th offense||Loss of Transfer Station privileges|
9. The transfer station closes in observance of the following holidays:
Christmas, New Year’s Day and Independence Day.
10. Under authority granted by RSA 31-39, the Selectmen of Effingham have adopted the following ordinance:
“That no private dump shall be used or operated in the Town of Effingham. All such materials shall be transported to the Effingham Town Transfer Station under the adopted rules and regulations effective August 1, 1978.”